The useful life of roller bearings bearing depends to a great extent about the proper lubrication in the bearing. This is especially true in wheel bearings where operating conditions include dirt, moisture and high and low temperatures.
Lubricants assist in carrying away heat, protecting bearing surfaces from corrosion and reducing friction.
1) Thoroughly clean the hands or put on a brand new couple of latex gloves.
2) Place a blob of grease, approximately the size of a golf ball, in to the palm of your hands.
3) With your opposite hand, push the larger end of your spherical roller bearings cone assembly in the grease. This enables the grease to be forced between the rollers, cage and cone.
4) Continue pushing grease to the large end, rotating the complete cone assembly, till the grease needs out evenly
across the entire small end.
5) Smear excess grease on the outside of the bearing cone assembly.
Using A Mechanical Grease Packer
1) Thoroughly clean the hands or wear a new kind of latex gloves.
2) Place the bearing cone assembly, small end down, in to the grease packer funnel.
3) Plug the bore of your large dexnpky37 from the bearing cone assembly with the conical retainer.
4) Firmly press upon the conical retainer. This permits the grease to get forced involving the rollers, cage and cone.
5) Smear excess grease on the exterior of your ball bearings cone assembly.